I feel my analytical background kicking in… When I look at my travel posts, I feel there is something missing, as some sort of Trip classification that could help me on the organization of geographies, but also you who are reading a post and maybe make a decision to go somewhere or not.
Stars, 1 to 5 classifications are fine and dandy and make sense in some of the parameters, but they don’t express my inner feeling towards the place, so I will give a try to a different kind of evaluation in the following scale:
A – Could call this home: somewhere I feel very comfortable and wouldn’t mind bringing the familly for a long stay. No risk.
B – Want to be back with my familly: very nteresting location with a lot I would like my family to experience. Low or no risk.
C – Want to be back: interesting place with lots to explore, but with little interest or some risk for family.
D – Don’t want to come back: No reason to come back. Possible causes: security/risk, nothing else to see on location or around.
E – Regret I came: Bad choice. High risk and/or nothing to see/do.
This will be the overall classification and represents my personal global opinion of my experience.
Other classifications I will add:
- Safety level: Information obtained from the Global Peace Index maintained by the Institute of Economics and Peace (IEP) at the time of the trip. The scores given to a trip will not be updated, so make sure you visit the organization’s site for an updated information on the peace index.
- Photographic potential: my opinion on the photographic potential of the location. Includes the photography genres.
- Weather: one of the biggest influences on my opinion of a place is certainly the weather. Bad weather can ruin an otherwise lovely experience.
- Local cost: how expensive is local life, as restaurants and hotels
- Travel: Travel experience will certainly depend on the location you are departing from. This classification is based on traveling from Lisbon, Portugal (LIS).
The info box would look something like this:
|Global||[A] – Could call this home
[B] – Want to be back with my familly
[C] – Want to be back
[D] – Don’t want to come back
[E] – Regret I came
|Safety (see GPI)|| 1-5
(Lower is safer)
Architecture, Street, People, Landscape
|Weather||Sunshine and cold (Jan)|
X hours, VISA not needed, etc
Do you find this useful?
Leave a message bellow an let me know which other information (if any) makes sense to you!